Three hundred and sixty five days. That is how many days in a row I have logged into MyFitnessPal. I began my AdvoCare 10 Day Herbal Cleanse one year ago. I lost maybe 4ish lbs during that cleanse. I did not follow the eating tips as closely as I could have and should have.
Over the past year, I have made some amazing friends and I have gained an amazing support system. I am on MFP daily, tracking my calories consumed, calories burned and offering support and even some tough love to my friends when needed.
At my heaviest, I weighed 176lbs. My current goal is to get down to 140. That is a difference of 36lbs. Over the past year, I have lost about 16lbs and 9 inches overall. My collar bones are more pronounced, my feet can fit into boots that I wasn't able to wear a year ago, I became a runner and in general I have made some small lifestyle changes.
I eat a salad for lunch almost daily. I try to workout 5 days a week whether it's going out for a run, taking a walk with my mom or doing a workout DVD at home.
I still indulge more than I should. But I am definitely more conscious about what and how much I am eating.
I am both proud and disappointed. I am proud of myself because no matter how many times I end up injuring myself or how many bad eating days I have, I always get back on the wagon as soon as possible instead of letting months go by before my next workout. I am disappointed because 16lbs and 9 inches seems like so little over the space of a year. Even when I do side by sides, I do not see a difference in my body. Some friends I have met on MFP after I started have already lost more than that. I need to remind myself that it is all perspective. Perhaps they had more to lose so their weight is coming off faster.
I only have 20lbs left to reach my goal weight. I know I can get there in under a year. I just have to focus more, use more willpower and get off my lazy butt and get the workouts done.
I am doing AdvoCare's 24 Day Challenge beginning January 1. I know it is a little cliche, but I decided to start putting a little money away each month and that just happens to be when I can afford to order the challenge as well as the companion products. I think it will be an excellent jump start to the new year, it will help me eat better and I am so excited to begin.
I can do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment