Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with Brownie Crust

I don't have a picture of this, yet, but I'm making it tonight for a birthday tomorrow so I'll edit the post to include a picture! I'm also doubling the recipe and leaving it right in the 9x13 pan instead of making it into a pie, so I'll also update how that turned out.

I've made this before, and it's amazing. I don't know where my grandma got the recipe from but she found the recipe and it's a HUGE hit for our entire family.

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix for 9x13 pan + ingredients on back (you're going to make this according to the package)
Sprinkle of cinnamon in brownie mix
1/2 of an 8oz package of cream cheese - softened
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 8oz package whipped topping, thawed
2 3.9oz instant chocolate pudding mixes
2 cups milk
4 peanut butter cups cut in 1/2" pieces

Directions:
Make a 9x13 pan of brownies according to the box, adding a sprinkle of cinnamon. Once done, while still hot/warm, press half of the brownies into a GREASED 9" pie pan. Greasing the pan is essential. Learned that the hard way. Cool the crust completely.

Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, tablespoon of milk and peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir in 1.5 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over the crust.

Stir pudding with 2 cups of milk until thick. Gently stir in the remaining whipped topping. Spread over peanut butter layer.

Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.

Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry would love this! I'll have to show him. I'm weird and don't eat peanut butter lol.

    ReplyDelete