Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Week of 7/20/14 - 7/26/14

A little slack-a-lackin' on the weekly update. Whoops. The long 4th of July weekend was brutal, as expected. I had no willpower and my party plates were almost all simple carbs.

Work has been pretty crazy, too. I didn't get to the gym at all last week because: 1) I'm too lazy to get up early and go before work, and 2) by the time the work day was over I was beyond ready for bed. I keep thinking I should get up early and go to the gym before work but the thought of showering and carting shampoo, a towel, etc. to the gym to shower before work sounds like such a pain in the ass. It would be a different story if I lived somewhat close to the gym but I live 30 minutes away in the opposite direction of work.

I started a new weight lifting routine last night. I kicked my own ass. Everything started hurting last night and today it's worse. Lifting my phone to my ear, my water bottle, my coffee mug, walking in heels, sitting to pee, everything hurts. It's silly that I never really thought of this before but lunges are so similar to squats. Holy glute soreness.

Eating has been okay. Not the best, not the greatest. My biggest downfall has been weekends. I really need to work on realizing the difference between being bored and being hungry and finding something else to divert my attention.

My new lifting routine is 3 sets of 12-15 reps of the following:
Hammer curls
Tricep Extensions
Dumbbell Flyes
Front Raises
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns behind neck
Bent over dumbbell rows
Dumbbell lunges
Leg Curls
Standing dumbbell calf raises

I'm currently using 7.5lb and 10lb dumbbells, depending on which exercise I'm doing. I'm really hoping that lifting weights helps slim me down faster.

For lunch the past couple weeks I've just been eating a sandwich with some lunch meat. This week it's a mesquite smoked turkey breast.

My Day:
Breakfast:
Herbalife Shake
or
Bagel with greek yogurt cream cheese

Morning Snack:
Cottage Cheese with Strawberry Preserves
or
Yopa Vanilla Yogurt with Dark Chocolate Dove Pieces

Lunch:
Sandwich with whole wheat bread, turkey deli meat, swiss cheese and some BBQ sauce.

Afternoon Snack:
Carrots and celery
Grapes

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken
Veggie

No comments:

Post a Comment