Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Non-Advocare 24 Day Challenge

Wait, what?  Yeah.

I've said this before: I know I can lose weight without the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I know it's a mental game. I know that. And yet can't/won't/haven't done anything about it.

So. Friday, August 1, 2014, I am going to start a 24 Day Challenge of my own. Basically, I'm going to eat and act like I'm on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, eat clean and healthy foods limiting treats (we already have two planned cheats, the firm's birthday celebrations and our 2 year anniversary dinner at an amazing italian restaurant) and work out consistently. The only difference is that I won't be as strict with my dairy intake and I won't be using Advocare supplements. I'll still drink Spark, especially on workout days because I do that in general anyway. But I'm going to give this a good honest try.

It has been almost a month since my challenge ended and I've maintained my weight but my food choices haven't been the greatest. I've had more cheat meals than acceptable and I've found reasons to not go to the gym.

It's mental.

I can do this.

I say Friday August 1st instead of tomorrow simply because I like nice even numbers. I like knowing I started the 1st and will end the 24th. It's easy to me.

I decided I wanted grilled chicken for lunch this week. So I bought a ton of chicken and was going to grill it. When I grill I use the indoor Waring Pro because I've never grilled on the outdoor propane grill and really have no interest in trying, especially when The Hubs is around to do it. But he actually offered to grill my chicken for me! So we spent an hour together Saturday outside. He grilled my chicken and I just kept him company. Then I made some of the Rosemary and Olive Oil Near East Quinoa Brown Rice blend to go with it. For me, lunch is a smaller meal than dinner so instead of a whole serving of quinoa (1 cup) I'm eating half a serving with my chicken for lunch.

My Day:
Breakfast:
Herbalife Shake

Morning Snack:
Yogurt

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken
Quinoa Brown Rice blend

Afternoon Snack:
Grapes

Dinner:
Grilled Chicken
Steamed Veggie

Evening Snack if needed:
Lightly salted rice cake with peanut butter (my favorite lately has been Jif Natural peanut butter with honey, so good)

No comments:

Post a Comment