Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week of 2/16/14 - 2/22/14

Status quo. Still maintaining. Didn't stick too closely with my plan for last week. But I'm trying to get back on track so I can start losing again.

In other news, I got contacts yesterday for the first time! It is very weird and will take some time to adjust. Even though I have no problem seeing, I feel like I won't be able to see when I look farther away from me (I'm near-sighted) and like I'll get a headache later if I don't put my glasses on.

It is weird to not try to look around my frames. I can just move my eyes to look at something and don't have to move my whole head.

My face looks weird, like it has a different shape and is plain. I put eyeshadow on this morning because I felt like my face just needed a little something-something. I may start wearing eyeshadow and liner more often. I like eyeshadow. I don't really like foundation, blush, lip stick, etc., but I've always liked eyeshadow. I just felt like with my glasses frames, nobody could even tell whether I was wearing any.

The optometrist was surprised at how quickly I was able to get the hang of putting the contacts in and taking them out. Taking them out, as I anticipated, was harder for me than putting them in. The first contact took a while to get out but as soon as I got it, the second one came out easy peasy.

I am excited to go to the gym tonight with my new eyes and not worry about sweaty glasses sliding down my face, or squinting to see anything if I decide to take them off.

Nitty-Gritty - This week for lunch I made Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins, again. Only, I made some changes. I doubled the recipe, same as last time, but instead of all of the spices they list out, I used taco seasoning! Oh-em-freaking-gee, they are so so so good. I'd like to try them again per the recipe and just leave out the actual hot spice but my husband loves these taco ones, too. I am eating mine crumbled up on a salad of romaine lettuce with green peppers, cheese, tomatoes and no dressing. Seriously, two muffins (a serving) crumbled up is plenty of flavor and there is no need for a sauce/dressing. This is definitely not a clean recipe since I used Ortega taco seasoning, but whatever. I bought a big-ass container of it since we've been eating tacos more frequently.

Grocery List:
Ground Turkey
Carrots
Hummus (I found AVOCADO HUMMUS at Wegmans. It's amazing but has quite a strong cilantro flavor so if you don't like avocado or cilantro, don't try it).
Bananas
Eggs
Breakstone Cottage Cheese Doubles (cottage cheese with strawberry preserves that you can mix together). One of the few ways I'll eat cottage cheese.
Romaine Lettuce
Green Peppers
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch (because I seriously have an issue with needing to try every new item I see or hear about).

My Day:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Toast Crunch with milk
and/or
Banana

Morning Snack:
Honestly, I haven't been hungry for my morning snack lately so I've just been waiting until lunch and either eating it then or eating it in the afternoon with my afternoon snack or just not at all.

Lunch:
2 Turkey Taco Muffins
Salad

Afternoon Snack:
Cottage Cheese
or
Carrots and Hummus
or Banana

Dinner:
Baked chicken or pork
Steamed veggie
Some kind of grain if I'm feeling particular.

Evening Snack (if needed):
Air Popped Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment