I gained about a pound. Totally not surprised. Splurged a bit too much. I have a serious issue with NEEDING to try anything new or limited edition that I walk by in the store. Naturally, the Cookie Dough Oreos were no different. And the Brownie Donut at Dunkin. And the Caramel Crunch Mocha Latte at Tim Horton's....seriously. I have a problem.
Anyway, this week I'm back to the grind. Healthy eating, healthy snacks, hopefully going to the gym. Weather should be decent but my neck and back are stiff/sore and I always have a hard time deciding whether I'm making an excuse or whether I need to be legitimately concerned about further injuring myself.
I pulled a muscle in my back in 8th grade. It would act up here and there for a few years but then was fine for a long time. Then, in August 2009, I hyper extended my arms at work, pulling that same muscle in my back. Ever since then, it tweaks super easily. I pulled it three times shoveling last winter before I learned to just let my husband do it. Where my back is concerned, I tend to be overcautious because if you really injure it, you're out of commission for a while. Right now, though, it isn't really tweaked, I'll just get a tiny pain now and then, but it isn't lasting.
As for my neck, our firm has a "Hockey Night" every February where they purchase tickets for our local AHL team for employees, significant others and kids, and they cater dinner from a local BBQ place. This year, our seats were almost right in line with the goal that we shoot at twice so for a good chunk of the game, I had my head turned right toward the other end of the ice rink. I felt the tightness and soreness starting that night but...yeah, a few days later it is still sore.
Anyway, on to my grocery list:
Tumaro's Sourdough Wrap
Tumaro's Everything Wrap
Deli Ham
Deli Turkey
Romaine Lettuce
Cucumber
Green Peppers
Celery
Tomatoes
Ground Turkey
Poppy Seeds
2% Milk
Frozen Green Beans (we still have some broccoli, cauliflower, corn, etc.)
For lunch this week I am having wraps with the deli meat, green peppers, cucumber, celery, cheese, mustard and whatever else I decide to put on it. I'll probably put lettuce on them later in the week but I haven't cut it up yet.
The ground turkey and poppy seeds are for recipes that I plan to make in the following weeks.
My Days:
Breakfast:
Herbalife Meal Replacement Shake Powder (my dad sells Herbalife and gives me the MRS free so I drink this for breakfast when I don't have anything pre-made. I plan on hard-boiling some eggs for later in the week, though to eat with a banana or something)
2% Milk
Morning Snack:
Carrots and Hummus
Lunch:
Wrap (see above for what I put on it)
Afternoon Snack:
Fruit Salad (there is only a little bit left)
or
Green peppers, Celery, Cucumber
Apple
Dinner:
Beats me, some kind of chicken, pork or steak with steamed veggies and either some kind of potato or grain. Or another wrap if we're too lazy to cook.
Evening Snack if needed:
Banana
or
Peanuts
or
Damn Cookie Dough Oreos.
I'm always wanting to try all the new things too! Jerry and I still have to get our hands on those cookie dough Oreos! Are they any good?
ReplyDeleteLoving the blog and have been reading all of your new posts. :)
Steph, I think I texted you after I saw that you commented. But in case I didn't, the oreos are okay. I don't think they taste like cookie dough. They have more of a mocha flavor. I mean, they're great and delicious, but I think I like traditional oreos better.
ReplyDelete