I prepped breakfast for this week. I made The Biggest Loser's Veggie Frittata with Turkey Bacon. They're actually quite good. One muffin is 70 calories so you can guiltlessly eat two for breakfast and they're filling.
I haven't prepped my lunches yet so today's lunch is going to be my last english muffin with some peanut butter and a banana. Tonight we are grilling chicken for dinner anyway so I'm not sure if I'm going to go ahead and grill chicken for the rest of the week or just grill enough for tonight and to have left overs tomorrow. As much of a pain as it is on a week night, I'm leaning toward getting it all done tonight. I should have gotten it done yesterday but I had a migraine from hell and just felt like being lazy.
Yesterday morning Tim and I made a fruit salad. I bought cantaloupe, watermelon, mango, kiwi, red and white grapes and strawberries. I have this big Rachel Ray tupperware container that is about 4x9x13". That sucker is full! That will be one or two of my snacks pretty much all week.
My grocery List:
Frozen Chicken
All the fruit we wanted for a fruit salad
Carrots
Asparagus
Green Peppers
Onions
Bananas
My Days:
Breakfast:
Veggie Frittata
Morning Snack:
1 cup of fruit salad
Lunch:
Grilled Chicken
Steamed Veggie
Maybe half a serving of brown rice or quinoa
Afternoon Snack:
1 cup of fruit salad
Carrots
Hummus
Dinner:
Grilled or Baked Chicken or Pork
Steamed Veggie
Maybe a grain serving or potato serving
Evening Snack, if needed:
Banana
Peanuts
Entering today into MyFitnessPal, it will be a bit low-calorie so I'm going to have to make sure to eat at least one serving of grains a day to help bump my calorie intake up. For today I'm not worried about it because it'll help even out the food from yesterday, being the Superbowl and all. But the rest of this week it'll be important to eat more calories.
Two things I am not looking forward to as I begin increasing my runs (which won't happen for another couple of weeks): 1) Spending double the time at the gym; going from a 30 minute workout to a 60-70 minute workout and 2) eating more because of my increased exercise. I'm going to have to really sit down and plan out higher calorie meals and snacks. One easy way to increase it is to eat a whole 6-8oz chicken breast instead of a 4oz serving which is about half a boneless skinless chicken breast. Depending on the size of the chicken breast, more often than not I eat a whole piece anyway. It's just more filling.

No comments:
Post a Comment