Monday, February 24, 2014

Week of 2/23/14 - 3/1/14

Almost March! It's crazy how fast this year is flying so far. I am so excited and ready for spring/summer. This winter has been awful.

Adjusting to contacts has been...interesting. I've had a few issues. I wiped one out of my eye the first full day I wore them (I rub and touch my eyes a lot). Some days they are easier to get in and some days I give up after trying for about 20 minutes.

I haven't napped or slept in them, yet. This brand isn't made for sleeping overnight in but I was told napping for short-ish periods of time (about an hour or so) is okay, which is great because I nap on the weekends.

In gym news, I haven't really made it past running 5-8 minutes at a time. I really need to step it up if I want to run that 10K in May. I also need to either get to the gym more than 3 days a week or use the elliptical at home on weekends. I have still just been maintaining weight. I haven't dared measure inches or take pictures yet.

I might join a fitness challenge group on Facebook soon where we will post our meal plans, fitness plans and hold each other accountable. I don't know the details of everything, yet, but I think it's definitely something I need to join.

For lunch this week, my husband is having sandwiches with ham lunch meat and provolone cheese, while I am having Chicken Poppyseed Salad Sandwiches. I saw the recipe on Food Network and put it on my list of recipes to make. Two weeks ago I bought the poppy seeds and mentioned they were for an upcoming recipe. This was it! It's really good. It is sweeter than the chicken salad I made on the challenge. I'm going to eat it on white bread because I've been wanting white bread.

I also bought some new flavors of yogurt to try. For example, I bought Muller's Corners with chocolate crunchies. So good. They're like mini whoppers. haha. I bought Yo Crunch Vanilla yogurt with mint oreo crunchies. I'm excited to try that today. And Fruit Ups from some brand that I don't remember.

I had most of the necessary ingredients on hand so I only had to buy the yogurts for my snacks, and the celery and grapes for the chicken salad. Gotta love when that happens.

My Day:

Breakfast:
Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch with milk

Morning Snack:
Yogurt

Lunch:
Chicken Poppyseed Salad Sandwich

Afternoon Snack:
Cottage Cheese
and/or
Carrots and Hummus

Dinner:
Steak, Chicken or Pork
Steamed Veggie
Grain

Evening Snack (if needed):
Ice Cream ('cause I can. :P)
or
Air Popped Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment