Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week of 3/16/14 - 3/22/14

I kind of planned ahead for this week, yet kind of didn't. I bought another bag of the smokey steakhouse chicken to bake, I'm going to make some quinoa again and this time actually make veggies to go with it all, but I never got around to prepping it. I am going to do it tonight.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. We had corned beef, potatoes and carrots (for those of us who don't eat cabbage) at my mom's and cheesecake with raspberry or strawberry sauce for dessert. I bought the cheesecake from Cheesy Eddie's and it was SO good. It was a 1lb cheesecake which supposedly serves 4-6. I cut it into 8 slices and they were plenty big enough so Tim has 3 left for himself. I may have one more. Mom also made Tim peanut butter cookies and apple muffins.

Tonight for dinner we are having some of the beef stew that my mom made him for his birthday. For lunch today I'm having a frozen El Monterey Supreme Chicken & Monterey Jack Cheese burrito. Not the best lunch, not the worst lunch. That's what I get for not planning ahead.

Speaking of planning ahead...I am going to order my second Advocare 24 Day Challenge in May and start it on June 1st. This challenge will be a little more difficult because my birthday is June 17th, almost smack in the middle of the challenge. At work, we celebrate birthdays so if there is one or more birthdays that month, we'll have a little party with cake and/or ice cream or something. Then my mom usually makes me a dinner of whatever I want. So this year I'm going to have to ask for healthier options, though maybe not as clean and healthy as the rest of the challenge.

I feel like I got better results with the challenge than I do on my own. I don't know if it's that much of a mental game of it being a "challenge" and I therefore am more strict with myself, or what. I definitely allow myself too many cheats while not doing the challenge. That's something I need to work on and can absolutely work on between now and then.

I still have quinoa, frozen veggies, apples, carrots and hummus.

My grocery list:
Frozen flavored chicken
Cuties Mandarin Oranges
Bananas


My day:

Breakfast:
Herbalife Shake
or
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffin

Morning Snack:
Banana

Lunch:
Baked chicken
Quinoa
Steamed Veggies

Afternoon Snack:
Apple
Carrots
Hummus

Dinner:
the usual - chicken or pork
veggie

No comments:

Post a Comment