For lunch, I had planned on buying a bag of frozen chicken, thawing it, seasoning it and grilling it to eat with some steamed veggies like I did the first week of my Challenge. I went to Wal-Mart and had absolutely no idea that Tyson had already seasoned raw chicken breasts. Not the pre-cooked grilled chicken, I knew about those. The bags of frozen chicken, like I normally get, but seasoned/marinated! I bought the Smoky Steakhouse flavor and was even more excited when I looked at the cooking directions on the back that there were "from frozen" instructions. Laziness at it's finest. I don't have to season and grill my chicken and I don't have to wait for it to thaw! I just stuck those suckers in the oven and baked them until they reached the proper internal temperature. And they taste great! They are even good and not dry re-heated.
I also made a bunch of quinoa and portioned it out for a side. I decided to be lazier and not make a veggie to go with them. So, lunch is baked chicken and quinoa. But it tastes so good!
I'm pretty much going back to my first week on the challenge. I bought cucumbers, green peppers, celery, carrots, hummus, etc., for my snacks. But I'm switching it up a bit by adding the grains and I still have yogurt from last week.
Speaking of yogurt. I had no idea that a lot of yogurt is made with "kosher gelatin." I saw one of my yogurts had "Contains: Milk, Tilapia (fish)". I was like...wait, what?! I don't like seafood. I've tried a few different things and just don't like the flavor. Plus, my mom and grandma ate a lot of it while they were younger but became allergic to it later in life so I'm afraid to try more and end up being allergic. Also, my husband has a seafood allergy. I bought one of the flavors with him in mind but he isn't going to eat them. Traditional gelatin is made with either pork or cow hoof, which explains why kosher gelatin has to be different. The yogurts taste good and I'll probably continue to eat them, but I (excuse my melodramatics) feel like my whole life is a lie. :-P
![]() |
| Morning Snack - Cucumbers and Green Peppers |
![]() |
| Lunch - Smoky Steakhouse Chicken with Quinoa |
My Grocery List:
Frozen Chicken Breasts
Quinoa
Green Peppers
Cucumbers
Celery
Carrots
Hummus
My Days look like:
Breakfast:
Herbalife Shake mix with 2% milk
Morning Snack:
Green peppers and Cucumbers
Lunch:
Baked chicken
Quinoa
Afternoon Snack:
Yogurt and carrots with hummus
Dinner:
Pork, Chicken or Steak - baked or grilled
Veggie
Grain/Starch


Looks like a good week! I'll have to look for the chicken at Walmart. It sounds good!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely a lot better than the pre-cooked stuff. I find that the pre-cooked Tyson chicken is a lot fattier and chewier and that's gross.
ReplyDelete