So, this past week was fun...an uncle was in town so Friday I went to the gym with him, another uncle and some of my cousins. Before leaving I said "I figured I'd let y'all kick my ass with weights." Yeah, bad thing to suggest. Today, Wednesday, 5 days later, I finally feel normal again. My muscles were so incredibly sore all the way from Friday night through yesterday morning. Throughout the day yesterday they got significantly better and today there's next to no pain. Talk about a long recovery.
I bought a treadmill last night! Gah, I am so excited. I bought it from a family on craigslist who is moving out of state and didn't want to lug it around with them. I paid $80. What a steal! It's not as fancy as the big ones at the gym, it folds up for storage and seems a little rickety but it's sturdy and does incline.
I've been emailing back and forth with my out-of-town uncle. He is going to weight train me via email. I'm excited to really get that started, too. I know that a lot of success in losing inches comes from weight training and eating clean. I'm going to do my best with both.
I still had two servings of lunch left from last week so I had that Monday and Tuesday. I wanted egg salad for lunch this week but was too lazy to make it so I went to Wal-Mart to see if they had any pre-packaged like they do chicken salad, tuna salad, etc., because I thought I'd seen it before, but they didn't have any. I bought chicken salad instead. Naturally, my mom sent me a text yesterday telling me she made ham salad and to stop and pick some up on my way home from the gym. So I'm eating her ham salad this week on some white bread (*gasp*) for lunch. I froze the chicken salad. I've never done that before so we'll see how well it thaws.
My list this week:
Chicken Salad
Strawberries
Grapes
Carrots
Hummus
Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
My days:
Breakfast:
Herbalife shake
Morning Snack:
Strawberries and grapes
Lunch:
Ham salad sandwich
Afternoon Snack:
Clementines
or
Carrots and Hummus
or
Yogurt
or
Cottage Cheese
or some combination thereof.
Dinner:
Chicken, pork or steak, grilled or baked
Steamed veggies
Evening snack if needed:
Peanuts
or
Quest bar

No comments:
Post a Comment