Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week of 5/4/14 - 5/10/14

I have less than three weeks to finish getting ready for my upcoming races.

I am officially registered for the Lilac 5K on May 18th, the Chase Corporate Challenge (3.5 miles) on May 29th, and the Survive for 5 5K on June 7th.

I was feeling so unprepared this weekend, knowing I had three weeks to go from running 10 minute intervals to a whole 3.1 miles (for me a little under 45 minutes). Say what? I have how long to get ready? Ugh. It felt so impossible. And that was only two days. ago.

Sunday night I ran for 25 minutes straight. Afterward, my legs felt a little tight and sore but were completely better the following morning. So I was thinking whether I should run two days in a row, which I don't think I've ever done before. And I did. I felt so good yesterday that I decided to go out and at least attempt a run and just walk if my legs didn't feel up to it. I made it 30 minutes! Technically, I made it 31 minutes 32 seconds because I decided that at 30 minutes I was so close to 2 miles that I'd stick it out. I ended at 2.02 miles. Then, my Garmin went into sleep mode before I reset my timer, which apparently wipes out anything not reset aka saved, because now yesterday's run is nowhere to be found. :( I wanted to take a picture of my watch and put it on Instagram because it was such a great run for me. Oh well. My legs were quite stiff and sore overnight but when I got up for good this morning, they were fine. It amazes me how resilient and adaptable our bodies are and how quickly we can recover. I don't know what my calorie burn was for yesterday but I'd bet it was actually less than what I think it was, because my body is becoming more efficient.

I am so excited to go out and try running 30 minutes again, then try for 35, then 40.

I've been seriously slacking in the food prep department. I had things prepped for last week but had a lunch event one day and forgot my lunch another day. We had pizza over the weekend and hot dogs, but otherwise the weekend wasn't all that terrible.

I didn't prep anything for lunch this week. Yesterday I had a bowl of Panera Bread's baked potato soup. I love that you can buy their soups at the store. Today I'm having Campbell's Chunky Philly-Style Cheesesteak soup. I've never had that before so I'm a little excited.

I'm going grocery shopping on my way home tonight to pick up everything that I need to make Mother's Day dinner, so I'll buy stuff for lunch for the rest of the week, too.

Saturday I did buy strawberries, grapes, bananas and yogurt that I've been snacking on. I still have a few apples left from our trip to the public market but they're starting to go bad.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Good work with the running!

    Cheesecake soup?! Whaaat? I gotta look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!! Cheesesteak. I was typing that somewhere else, maybe when I was entering it into MFP, and I thought "I feel like I typed it as cheesecake somewhere" but I couldn't figure it out and didn't come back to the blog to look. I edited it. Oops!

    ReplyDelete