I am actually following Advocare's "Lean in 13" meal plan, just without Advocare products. I'm using the Herbalife meal shakes and whey protein powder that I already have. It's a four day rotation of "Burn Days" and "Refuel Days". So Days 1-3 are burn days and Day 4 is a refuel day, Days 5-7 are burn days and Day 8 is a refuel day, Days 9-11 are burn days and Day 12 is a refuel day, Day 13 is a burn day and Day 14 is "Free." I've entered Day 1 into MyFitnessPal already and it's a moderate 1300 calorie day. I'll probably be at or close to 1500 with the fruit and starch add ons on Refuel days.
The general outline is to omit white flour products, dairy, soda, deli meat, creamy sauces, dressings, sugar, honey, candy, butter, mayo, fried foods, etc. This is where my plan is a little different because my specific herbalife shake is made to be mixed with milk. The one made to be mixed with water tastes awful. The official Lean in 13 plan also has you taking MNS packs (vitamins, minerals, metabolism booster, fat burner, appetite controller), Spark (which I'll have on workout days), Catalyst (aids in fat burning, muscle retention and appetite control), and ThermoPlus (aids in fat burning, energy and appetite control). I would like to try this as a true Advocare plan once I have the money in place of another 24 Day Challenge.
Breakfast:
Meal Shake
Optional add-ins (which you can add to the afternoon shake if you do not add them to breakfast): Ice, 1-2 tsp flax seed oil or 1-2 tsp. nut butter, splenda or stevia.
Morning Snack:
Raw or Dry Roasted nuts (I bought almonds) on Burn Days
or
Raw or Dry Roasted nuts AND Fruit on Refuel Days
Lunch:
Protein and Veggie (about 1cup/1serving each) on Burn Days
or
Protein and Starch on Refuel Days.
Afternoon Snack:
Protein Shake (Muscle Gain if using Advocare products but I'm just using my Body Fortress Whey Protein) on Burn Days
or
Protein Shake AND Fruit on Refuel Days
Dinner:
Same as lunch
Optional Meal/Snack:
Same as lunch and dinner
Protein choices: White Fish, Salmon, Tuna, Chicken, Turkey, Eggs (2 w/ yolks), Egg Whites, Tofu, Lean Ground Beef
Veggie choices: Asparagus, Green Salad, Green Beans, Peppers, Spinach, Onions, Tomatoes, Salsa, Eggplant, Celery, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Cucumbers NO Corn, Potatoes, Squash, Peas
Starch choices: Sweet Potato, Brown Rice (1/2 c.), Cooked Oats (1 c.), All-Bran Cereal (1 c.), Beans (1/2 c.) or Fruit (1 c.).
Meals are to be spaced at least 2.5 hours apart but no more than 4 hours apart (with the obvious exception of when you're sleeping). The carb add-ons (fruit/starch) on Refuel Days are the key to fat burning. Results will slow down if these additions are skipped. Plus, who doesn't want to eat more? If you are very hungry two hours after dinner, have a small snack. Go to bed slightly hungry. If you're waking up hungry, you're burning fat.
For lunch this week I am having a salad with hard boiled eggs as my protein with a simple olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment