I'm really struggling mentally with this whole weight loss thing. I know I need to eat healthy and work out to achieve the results that I want. I know that. I've made progress. I'm smaller than I used to be.
I eat really well for a few weeks and then binge. Sometimes the binge lasts a week or more. What works best for me in terms of actually losing weight and seeing progress is a strict diet with exercise thrown in, but it results in a binge. I need to find some sort of balance. I know everything is okay in moderation. But that's what it has to be. Moderation. Like I can't let myself have a whole piece of cake. I have to only let myself have like half a piece or a few bites.
In theory, working out in the morning makes the most sense. You get up early and just do it. You don't have to worry at the end of the day whether you're going to be too tired after work, if some plans pop up last minute, etc. You'll know whether or not you need to eat some of your calories back and you'll get to spend more time with your family in the evening.
During this 21 Day Challenge I have tried, on quite a few different occasions to get up early and work out. Some days I've been able to force myself to but most I haven't. I end up hitting snooze for half an hour. And on days that I did get it done first thing in the morning, thinking I'd be able to spend time with my husband and pets in the evening, I'm so exhausted that I end up going to bed early. So tell me, what's the point in getting up early then when I go to bed early and don't actually spend that time with my family?
I've been googling some images for motivation. I actually just yesterday changed my phone home screen to a progress photo of myself but I may switch it to one of these:
I know what I'm supposed to do. It's just such a struggle to execute.




No comments:
Post a Comment