I'm horrible with this blogging thing when I'm not on a Challenge or when I'm busy at work. I'm also horrible at meal-planning for the week. Oops.
Instead of doing my modified version of Lean in 13, I joined a 21 Day Challenge group on Facebook. The girl hosting the challenge is a Beachbody coach and most of her challenges require you to purchase Shakeology but this one she only requires you to do a Beachbody workout program. I have Brazil Butt Lift and Turbo Jam so I chose to do Brazil Butt Lift. As much as I love Turbo Jam, I normally tweak my back when I do it. Better safe than sorry.
My goals were to lose 7-10lbs and an inch and a half around my waist. It's been about a week and a half already and I think those goals were a bit too lofty. We're supposed to put our scales away until the end of the challenge but I know that weight fluctuates daily, etc., so I've been checking in periodically. I'm only down like a pound. So not on track to meet my goals. I might be losing inches, though. It's hard to tell.
My best friend was in town this past weekend because she was selling some of her old clothes in the community Rummage Sale. She gave me a bunch of her jeans and work pants. I wish women's clothes were like men's with the waist and length measurements. I have 5 pairs of jeans that all fit quite nicely and range from size 11 to size 15. WTF? The work slacks are size 11 and some fit nice and some are a little snug. I'm guessing they're just stretched out from wear but they fit much better than my old work pants so I'm going with it.
Every September the law firm I work for has a "Sports Day" where we go play 9 holes of golf. The firm rents golf clubs for those of us who don't golf and have any of our own. At the rummage sale this weekend, my friend's sister's boyfriend (did you follow that?) was selling his old golf clubs. So I bought them. 7 of them. Irons ranging from 4-8 and drivers 1 and 3. Then my friend's husband was telling me I needed a bag and that courses wouldn't let me on the course with just the clubs, etc., etc. I had my camping chair at the sale sitting with my friend and looked at the carrying case on the back of my chair and said "Can't I just use the case for my chair?" The look he gave me was priceless.
One of the last times we walked around the rummage sale I spotted a golf bag, with an almost full set of clubs, for $6. The guy sold them to me for $5 and I figured I'd just have two sets of clubs and one bag. Whatever. Literally, right after I handed him the money I looked a few booths over and there's an empty golf bag for sale. For $1. So I bought the empty bag, too. One one set of clubs had a putter so I needed another putter...and the booth next to ours was selling two so I bought another putter. All in all I bought two sets of golf clubs, with bags, for $10.50. haha! It was an eventful day to say the least. I don't even golf.
I'm going to work on a meal plan for next week, so stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment