Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Brazilian Breakfast Smoothie

Periodically, I get on a health kick. Generally speaking I try to eat fairly healthy all the time but I could exercise more and eat better.

During one of my kicks, I purchased Brazil Butt Lift, a Beach Body workout DVD. It comes with 6 workouts on 3 DVDs, a Booty Makeover Guide, Booty Makeover Calendar, Fat Burning Food Guide, Triangle Training Workout Cards, Measurement Tracker Card and Tape Measure, as well as a strength band, 6-Day Supermodel Slim Down and Bum Bum Rapido.

I actually did the workouts for about 2 weeks and saw improvements in my thighs and a bit more lift to my tush, but one of my favorite things was in the food guide.

The Brazilian Breakfast Smoothie.


I don't have the book in front of me but I'd guess I did a little tweaking. I think it called for just whey protein powder but I used chocolate whey protein powder because, well, I'm just not a vanilla kind of girl unless I'm really craving it.

Ingredients

1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt (I use vanilla)
1/4 t. banana extract
1/2 t. cinnamon
3/4 cup blueberries (if frozen, omit ice)
ice for desired consistency.

Directions

Mix in blender and enjoy!

I use frozen blueberries and no ice when I make this. Honestly, I hardly ever have ice in my freezer. We did buy a chest freezer with some of the money we got from the wedding so I want to keep some ice in the freezer for when I want smoothies that aren't this easy.

I know a lot of people prefer the Ninja blender or some fancy expensive gadget, but I just use my good ol' Oster from Macy's that was $79.99 but I bought on sale and with a gift card for either $39.99 or $49.99. I love love love the large food processor attachment.


No comments:

Post a Comment