Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today is week 2 of the "new tradition." This time, however, I made the cookies in my own kitchen instead of my mom's. There's just something about cooking in your own kitchen, where you know where everything is.

Today I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. I adapted this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com, a blog with a ton of delicious and even healthy recipes.

Truthfully, I adapted it because I didn't have mini chocolate chips or whole wheat flower. I'm over it. ;)


makes 2 dozen cookies

Ingredients


1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg white
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.


In  your mixing bowl, whisk sugars, butter, egg white, pumpkin and vanilla until light and fluffy.


Slowly whisk your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.


Fold in chocolate chips. Add more if you like. ;)


Drop dough an inch apart on a greased or Silpat lined baking sheet. I used a small cookie scoop.


Bake for 8-10 minutes.


The original recipe says to let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. Naturally, I didn't listen and they turned out just fine. So, leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes if you want, or if you're impatient like me, transfer them immediately to a cooling rack.


Store in an air tight container and enjoy!


These cookies are delicious. They're a little crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, a perfect cookie. The pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice flavors aren't overpowering so if you're not a huge fan of those flavors, you can still enjoy these cookies. It's just the right blend of pumpkin, cinnamon and chocolate.

The cookies don't flatten much on their own so if you prefer flatter cookies, press them down a bit before baking and check them at the lower baking time.

I love my Oxo Goodgrips cookie jar. It was a wedding gift and it's so neat. I'd never heard of these pop-top jars until one of my best friends, Jaclyn, got some for her bridal shower.

I doubled this recipe so it made between 3 and a half and 4 dozen cookies. I am keeping a little more than a dozen for home and taking a dozen each for my mom and Kev and Grammy.

Kev wanted chili, chili cheese fries and chili cheese dogs with football today so I'm going to go enjoy some chili goodness that I didn't have to make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment