I have a tank top obsession. I love tank tops. I wear them almost daily. I wear them as shirts in the summer, under hoodies in the winter, to bed nearly every night. They've replaced my plain-ol' t-shirts. That said, it has taken me a very long time to find tank tops that I like.
My favorite tank tops in general are the Faded Glory brand from Wal-Mart. They're like $3.88-$4.88 each, maybe $7 in the middle of the summer but I usually buy them cheaper than that. On the website I can only find them in packs of 2 or 3 but I buy them individually. They cover your bra straps, they're long, and just all around comfy.
Their only downfall? They're ribbed. They're female "wife-beaters." Therefore, they don't really work well as a layering tank under work clothes, they're just not professional enough.
I was on a mission to find some tank tops that I could wear under low-cut work clothes that looked more professional, or maybe something that on dress down Friday's I could just wear itself with a cardigan over it. The ribbed ones just don't cut it for that.
My best friend told me about these Mossimo tanks from Target. They're cute, have lacing at the top and bottom and are kind of like a racerback. Their downfall? They don't really cover the back of your bra shoulder straps. For layering under another shirt, they're perfectly fine since the other shirt will cover the straps anyway, but for something versatile that you can wear without a top over it, it just wasn't for me.
Wal-Mart has a similar top that is cheaper. They're about the same price as the ones I buy and are the No-Boundaries brand. I tried them on and they're just not for me. They're long and cute but I don't like how they fit me. I think it's just my specific body type. They might work for you, try them on!
This is slightly contrary to what I just said, being concerned about bra straps showing. It really doesn't bother me much with spaghetti strap tops, it's pretty much inevitable that your bra straps are going to show, but at least they line up together. What bothers me with the Mossimo tops is that the top and bra straps just simply don't line up. If you wore them as tops and nothing over them, you'd have one heck of a tan design on your back.
Anyway, I found the perfect layering work cami. I saw some cute sweaters at Wal-Mart that I wanted to try on and while walking through the clothes toward them, I spotted some plain-ol' camis. Just for the heck of it, I looked at them to see if they had a shelf-bra. Let's be honest, who really likes shelf-bras? I don't. And who would rely on a shelf-bra as their bra? I wouldn't. I wear a bra with my tanks. Maybe it's because some of my old tanks were just too small and didn't fit right but the shelf-bras always, always, always, dug into me and left me sore at the end of the day. These did not have a shelf-bra. WHAT?! I was so excited I had to try them on.
They fit perfect. They're long, comfy, not low cut. I love them. And the best part, they're $4.88-$5 each! Who doesn't love a good tank/cami at less than $5 each. I had no problem purchasing 5 of them then and there.
Now what are they? They're the George brand. Now, once again, the website only shows them in packs, but I bought them individually.
Each year for Christmas my dad takes me clothes shopping and I am definitely going to pick up some more of these. I already have the basics, black, white, red, blue, and a blue-green. But truthfully, who can get by on just one black and one white? I'm going to get some more of those for sure, maybe the nude color, we'll see what's available in my size by the time that comes around.
I have an obsession. But, it could be worse. These are cheap. $5 or less each. I could be buying ones that are $10+ each, or buying shoes every other weekend (I wouldn't really be opposed to that, but I'm a bit more practical than that).
Happy Shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment