What's with the blog title and description? Well, the title was inspired by a song by Zak Brown Band. Come on, you know the one, Knee Deep. Then, as I thought about it, it was truly fitting. I'm a newlywed, college graduate who loves to cook and bake, and I have a full-time "big girl" job and amazing family and friends. Life is great. This is my own little piece of paradise. The description is the chorus of our first dance song. Self-explanatory.
My name is Denise. My close friends and family call me Nise (pronounced as either "niece" or "nee-see" or Dee. Honestly, I hate my name. It definitely does not roll off the tongue. Dee is my go-to name for most things on the internet. My husband's name is Tim. We met 7 years ago next month, dated for 3 years and got married two days before our 3 year anniversary.
We have two dogs, three cats and two ferrets.
Missy will be 8 this coming February, she is a Bichon Frise and was my sweet 16 birthday present from my grandma.
Charlie is a 7 year old Lab mix that we adopted from Lollypop a few months after we got together.
Nelson was my first cat. I adopted him from a foster system when he was a kitten. I think he just turned 4 this past summer. He used to be Satan's Spawn but has mellowed out quite a bit.
Martin is my grumpy old man. We adopted him from Lollypop. The vet there estimated him to be between 7 and 9. He looks exactly like Puss in Boots. He loves to cuddle with me and headbutts me all the time. Truthfully, he's my favorite, even over Missy and that makes me feel bad. Haha.
Lass is our youngest. She is around the year old mark. Lass is short for Lucky AS Shit. I don't know if she was our neighbors cat and he tossed her out or if she stumbled upon his porch one day and he didn't want her. We watched him literally throw her from his porch and that was it for me. I didn't really think we could take in another pet so I had planned on catching her and taking her to Lollypop. Well, I caught her, and we wanted to feed her before taking her so we fed her on our enclosed porch. Tim crumbled first. He said he was okay with it if we kept her and that was the end of that, we took her to the vet the next day to get her checked out because she was missing fur on her back and we weren't sure if she had fleas or anything. She is so fat now. Haha. Here's a before and after.
The ferrets are Duck and Goose. We got them from my brother and sister-in-law, I assume my sister-in-law named them. They're both females and I have no idea how old they are.
Autumn is my favorite season. I prefer to call it autumn, not fall, because I think autumn sounds better and is more fitting of the beautifully vivid colors. We love going to Letchworth State Park (The Grand Canyon of the East) in the fall. The photo below was taken October 9, 2010 and we were a little early. I "liked" Letchworth State Park on Facebook and they have been posting Leaf Peeper pictures every few days so this year we can go when most of the leaves have actually changed.
I love to bake and cook. One of my many favorite wedding gifts is our kitchen aid stand mixer. It's beautiful and Empire Red (red is both of our favorite color).
I also love to read. I got a Kindle Touch last Christmas and have since read 52 books. I enjoy reading fiction and science fiction and mysteries. I love reading about vampires, shape shifters, etc. I am currently reading the Anita Blake series by Laurel K. Hamilton. I have also read the Stephanie Plum series (bounty hunter) by Janet Evanovich, the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, re-read The Twilight Saga and Harry Potter. I have also read a few other miscellaneous paranormal/preternatural.
I currently have 5 tattoos and want at least one more. I have one on the outside of each ankle, one on my left shoulder blade, one of my left wrist and one on top of my right foot. The one on my wrist is my favorite.
That is all I can think of right now, but if you want to know more, feel free to leave a comment or send an e-mail and ask.


.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment