Friday, November 22, 2013

Daily Motivation - Bowling

I failed this morning. I set my alarm early, hit snooze for half an hour and then just straight up changed the time for the other half hour. I think I'm going to try moving the alarm clock across the room. I really want to do this. I come up with excuse after excuse at night and I want to be able to spend more time with my husband and pets. It makes sense to workout in the morning. Why can't I get there?

It's all mental. I need to work on mental strength as much as physical.

I bowled from 3rd grade all through senior year of high school. Then, for the past six and a half years, I have been bowling maybe 3 times. And I miss it. So I joined a bowling league. Let me tell you. Bowling freaking hurts. My league is one Saturday a month. I thought that was a great way to get back into it while not hurting the wallet too much. One Saturday a month is not often enough for your body to get used to doing it. At the end of every night, my thumb is killing me, my fingers are swollen, and my forearm hurts like hell. And it lasts for practically three days. WTF.

I found out yesterday that my cousin's 17th birthday party is Saturday at 7pm. I'm supposed to bowl this Saturday, at 7:30 p.m. I am going to pre-bowl so my teammates aren't let down, though if I don't bowl my average they are going to be let down anyway...hmm. I went last night to see if they had open lanes but their leagues are so crowded they had no open lanes until after 9pm when the leagues were finished. I didn't want to drive back 20 minutes to the bowling alley after 9pm on a Thursday night, bowl, then go home and sleep and get up for work. Another option is to go tonight at 9pm, which I plan on doing. Of course, I'm tired. Another reason I want to start working out in the morning. Supposedly you have more energy the rest of the day.

I'm looking forward to taking a nap between dinner and bowling tonight.

Since I'm bowling by myself instead of on a team of four against a team of four, this is actually going to be a good workout. Me, on one lane by myself, bowling three games. I'm actually not looking forward to it. I know how much it hurts and how sweaty I get. Attractive, I know. I don't think people realize how much of a workout bowling can actually be. I wrote my sophomore report on why bowling is a sport. How I suckered my teacher into allowing that topic, I'll never know. Haha. Sucker. I'm considering wearing my heart rate monitor but that may be a bit uncomfortable.

Tomorrow, before the birthday party, we're going to see Catching Fire and I am so excited!




No comments:

Post a Comment