Thursday, November 21, 2013

Daily Motivation - My friend is kind of amazing

Today, one of my best friends graduates from Army Basic Combat Training (BCT) in Fort Jackson, South Carolina. She left for BCT on Memorial Day. Part way through her training, she ended up with stress fractures in her femur and hip. Because of the long recovery process, it has taken her 6 months to finish the 10 week course.

She said there are two lines in the Soldier's Creed that she focused on to help get her through.

-Soldier's Creed-
I am an American Soldier.
I am a warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy, the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

I am so incredibly proud of her accomplishment. She fought for her recovery and fought to finish her training. Now, she is on her way to bigger and better things.

She is one thing that is motivating me. If she can overcome her stress fractures, finish training and become an American Soldier, I can surely get my ass outta bed first thing in the morning to work out.



Not that either of us failed at our goals - we just have some set backs.


No comments:

Post a Comment