Perks to working out first thing in the morning:
1. It is done. You no longer have to worry about fitting it in;
2. Your list of excuses is significantly shorter (e.g. I want to sleep in v. I had to work late, I'm too tired, I'm too full because I just ate dinner, I have a headache);
3. You have more energy the rest of the day; and
4. Fasted Cardio, if you subscribe to that theory.
I'm not sure if I subscribe to the Fasted Cardio theory. Basically, the idea is that if you workout after a "fast", technically we are coming off a fast in the morning since we don't eat in our sleep (if you do, you may want to see a doctor). We get our energy first from glycogens (carbohydrates), then from fat, then from protein. So doing cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, we hopefully get our energy from our secondary source, fat.
I love Jessie Deye's explanation here.
Now, whether or not we actually can manipulate where we get our energy, I don't know. But it sounds like a good theory to me. ;) Especially, because I don't normally eat before I workout in the morning, I eat breakfast after my workout.
Day 2 of the Squat Challenge and Plank Challenge done. I'm feeling the planks today. And 20 seconds may not seem like a long time but when you don't do planks on a regular basis...it's a very long time. I go up to 30 seconds tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm going to hold the planks that long.
![]() |
| Plank |
![]() |
| Workout |
![]() |
| Time; HR |
![]() |
| Calories Burned; HR |




No comments:
Post a Comment