Monday, November 18, 2013

Recommit Daily

It has been a little over a week since my 5K and I have done diddlysquat. I would love to blame it on the fact that I am clearly still fighting my cold, since my nose continues to run obnoxiously, but the truth is I am lazy.

I love the quote "If you are sick of starting over, you have got to stop quitting." It isn't as though I "quit" necessarily, but I end up taking more rest days than necessary, I eat more junk than I should and I feel like, even though I did not actually "quit" that I have to recommit far more than I really should have to.

Then it hit me - I need to focus and recommit every day. It is not enough, for me, to have goals for a week. I need to create a goal every day. I need to consciously think about what I am going to do each day and not just scroll through #fitness tags on Instagram daydreaming about what I could have done.

 I saved this image to my computer with the title "Fitness is Mental" and I absolutely love the double entendre.


 

I'm sitting here thinking "Yeah, I'll start thinking of daily goals tomorrow" because I am so tired from the wind keeping me up half the night. The plan tonight is a quick and easy dinner followed by passing out in bed super early. I know it is just an excuse. I would really like to go for a walk but I think that will be a bit dangerous with how windy it still is and the fact that it will be dark when I get home. I wish I had a treadmill instead of an elliptical, or the space and funds for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment