One of my co-workers lost her mother-in-law in late 2012 in a horrible car accident. Her sister-in-law and father-in-law were also in the car and are currently still recovering. The family created an account with a website and people signed up to take the rest of the family dinners for a few months while they spent most of their time at the hospital with SIL and FIL. I wanted to do something for them but taking them dinner wasn't realistic as the family was an hour and a half away. Plus, they would be getting a lot of dinners. I wanted to take them something that they could eat quick for breakfast and not have to worry about cooking. Then, I remembered the muffins we had before Tim's grandfather's funeral and knew I had to make them. After explaining the situation and getting the recipe, Tim and I headed out to Buffalo to visit his family and we dropped off the muffins on the same trip.
I don't remember, I think it makes 20-24
Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups diced apples
Directions:
Mix the oil, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix well. Fold in apples.
Line muffin pan with paper liners. Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 22 minutes at 350F.
I think what was missing from my muffins is some cinnamon sugar on top. I'd need to find a recipe and give it a shot but I think it'd be really good to add some streusel style cinnamon sugar to the top of the muffins before baking.
No comments:
Post a Comment