Who doesn't love tacos? Buying taco seasoning is such a pain in the butt. You never have it when you want to use it and have to make a stop for one stupid little packet. And they're kind of expensive for one little thing.
I got this recipe from Budget101 and modified it a tiny bit. The original recipe is good but it didn't really compare to the packets. Of course, the missing ingredient was salt.
Ingredients:
6 teaspoons chili powder
5 teaspoons paprika
4 1/2 teaspoons cumin
3 teaspoons onion powder
2 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions:
Mix all ingredients in ziploc bag or small tupperware container. Store in cool dry place up to 6 months. 7 teaspoons (or 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon) = 1 packet of seasoning.
I mentioned salt. I'm sure you noticed there is no salt in that recipe. Well that's because I don't mix it into the bulk mix. I did try adding about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon into the mix the first time I made it but it just didn't cut it. Instead, I add 1/4 teaspoon salt to my ground beef or ground turkey when I add the rest of the taco seasoning. You can try it without the salt if you want, but my husband and I prefer it with the salt.
No comments:
Post a Comment