Sunday, June 8, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge Round 2 - Week 1 - 6/8/14 - 6/14/14

Today was Day 1 of my second Advocare 24 Day Challenge. I probably could have done a little bit better because we had dinner at my mom's of ham, smashed potatoes, parsnips, bread and applesauce. All in all it wasn't that bad but definitely not completely cleanse friendly.

Advocare came out with an awesome tool that allows you to build your own challenge bundle. Previously, you were stuck with the fruit punch and citrus spark flavors and the citrus fiber drink flavor and you could only choose the flavor of the meal replacement shake and which MNS pack you want. Now you can pick the spark flavors so you can get both boxes the same flavor or mix and match and you can choose the peaches and cream fiber drink. I've had the citrus fiber drink twice now. Once during just a cleanse and once during my first challenge. It's awful, chunky, tastes bad and just isn't fun. I've heard it's better if you mix it with orange juice instead of water but I don't like orange juice so that wasn't really an option. I had heard that the peaches and cream is so much better so I got it for this challenge. It's awesome. It tastes good, it's smooth, it doesn't seem to thicken as quickly as the citrus, I couldn't really feel/taste the fiber. I am so happy that it's so much better.

My plan for this week is:

Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs and a Banana
or
Banana Pancakes (one ripe banana and two eggs - mix together and cook like a regular pancake) I top with honey

Morning Snack:
Grapes

Lunch:
Tyson Smokehouse Chicken
Steamed Mixed Veggies (green beans, corn, peas, lima beans)

Afternoon Snack:
Green Peppers, Cucumbers, Carrots and Hummus

Dinner:
Grilled chicken or grilled steak
Steamed Veggie

No comments:

Post a Comment