Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fajita Burgers

As promised, I'm posting the recipe for the fajita burgers that I made for dinner. They turned out good. I, personally, don't think they taste like fajitas but The Hubs does.

I'm posting right now while watching Harry Potter with a cat on my lap. It's a good life. :P









Recipe from Make Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott:

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons coconut oil (I used olive oil, I'm allergic to coconut)
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
2lbs ground beef
1 egg
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and peppers until softened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.

In large bowl combine ground beef, egg, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, granulated onion, granulated garlic, sea salt and pepper. Once sauted peppers and onions are cooled, add them to the meat and combine all ingredients with your hands.

Divide meat mixture into 6 equal parts* and shape into patties with your hands.

Grill burgers on medium-high heat about 4 minutes per side or until they have reached desired doneness.

*I weighed out our meat mixture into roughly 4oz patties so we got 8 burgers.

The Hubs ate his on a bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and feta cheese. I cut mine up and ate it with feta cheese and tomato.

Will definitely make these again.

If you want to freeze these and use them later - line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place raw patties on the wax paper making sure they don't touch. Place baking sheet in freezer. Once partially frozen, place them in a freezer bag with small pieces of wax paper separating them and freeze until needed. Thaw one or all burgers in the fridge over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment