Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week 6/1/14 - 6/7/14

Oops! I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last posted! Sorry!

I lost my log-in streak on MyFitnessPal. Twice. Once at like 500someodd days and again this weekend after 40 days. That makes me so sad. It also makes me realize that as annoying and tedious as I find counting calories, that I need to recommit. I've had too many cheats over these last few months and way too many cheats these last few days. I am finally feeling better today but for the past three or so days I have felt so bloated and blah.

My second AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge starts on Sunday. I'm really excited about it because I absolutely need a cleanse and reboot.

I have done a lot of running these past few weeks. I ran the Lilac 5k on May 18th and didn't set a personal record but there were more hills involved and it was a tougher course than I'm used to so that's okay. Just a few days prior to that race I had run my own 5k and set a PR.

On Saturday, May 24th I went out for a run hoping to do about 3.5 miles to prepare for the Corporate Challenge. It was a beautiful, clear, low-seventies day, my legs felt great, my lungs felt great and everything was just perfect. 1.75 miles came and instead of turning around to complete 3.5, I decided to push myself to 4 miles, so I went 2 miles before I turned around to head home. At 4 miles, everything still felt great! I turned around again and decided to shoot for 5 miles. 5 miles came and I still felt good, so I pushed past it and made it 6 miles! I took me an hour and a half but it was so totally worth it.

May 29th I ran in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge, with is 3.5 miles, not the traditional 3.1 miles of a 5k. I set a PR for the 5k distance coming in at 41:10 and ran the whole thing in 46:20. It was awesome!

I have a 5k this Saturday as well and that will be my last one for a little more than a month. Then I plan to run the Jungle Jog in July, the same race that was my very first 5k last year. I think after my race this weekend I'm going to work on speed before the Jungle Jog.

I actually have a plan for this week since I've been feeling so awful.

Grocery List:
Bagged Salad (Baby Greens)
Strawberries
Bananas
Yogurt
Milk

My Day:

Breakfast:
Herbalife Shake

Morning Snack:
Banana

Lunch:
Salad
Strawberries

Afternoon Snack:
Yogurt

Dinner:
Grilled chicken or baked chicken or pork
Veggie
Grain

No comments:

Post a Comment