We had a storm this past week and I took the above picture. Felt like I should share.
One of the attorneys that I work for bought me this adorable owl for my birthday! I'm not sure if I'm going to chance sitting it somewhere at home and risking the cats taking off with it or if I'm going to take it back to the office and sit it on the edge of my desk.
Friday morning I put on one of my favorite work shirts. It's too big. It hung off in all the wrong places and I just felt so frumpy. There are two downsides to losing weight: 1) when you're between sizes and things hang off you awkwardly so you feel frumpy and 2) having to buy new clothes. I went through my jeans and work pants today. I'm somewhere between a 12 and 14. Size 14 jeans are too big but 12s are too tight but size 14 work slacks fit comfortably. I have a size 13 jean that I'm wearing right now. Size 12 jean shorts fit great. I'm also down to a medium tshirt. At times like these, I'm glad I'm a clothes hoarder. I saved all of my medium tshirts and I also have 6 pairs of size 11 jeans. I'm one size away from that but that's okay. I'm a work in progress. Finding clothes that don't feel like they're hanging off of me makes me feel so much less frumpy.
So far I'm down about 7.5lbs and I haven't measured inches yet. I'm really excited to see what else I can lose in these last 10 days.
Advocare came out with a new(ish) product. It's a new Spark flavor with new packaging. The packaging is little to-go sticks, like crystal light. The flavor is...Green Apple. Seriously, it's amazing. It tastes like a jolly rancher. It's not sour, though it is a little tart. Grape is still my favorite but this is definitely a great and refreshing flavor for summer.
It took me a little while to figure out what the heck I was going to make myself for lunch this week. Then I decided on chicken salad. I didn't want to make it with mayo so I decided to use avocado. I found a very basic recipe online that mixed avocado with a bit of olive oil instead of using greek yogurt or mayo with it.
Paleo Avocado Chicken Salad:
Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 large ripe avocado, pits and skin removed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 stalk celery, diced
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
3 slices beefsteak tomato, diced
2 slices onion, diced
lemon juice
dried basil leaves (amount is your preference)
Directions:
Using a food processor, puree the avocado, salt, pepper, basil leaves and olive oil.
In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, avocado mixture, celery, eggs, tomato onion and lemon juice. I'd estimate I used about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice but taste it as you go and add more. Same with the onion, celery and tomato, if you want more, add more.
I plan to eat this in these whole wheat petite pita pockets I found at Wal-Mart while I was picking up some lunch meat from the deli for The Hubs' lunch this week. I'll probably add some feta and lettuce into the pita when I put the chicken salad in it. I'm really excited to try one in the pita because the chicken salad is great when I tasted it.
My grocery list:
Chicken
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Feta
Onion
Avocado
Celery
Pita Pockets
Bananas
My Day:
Breakfast:
Meal Replacement Shake
Morning Snack:
Banana
Lunch:
Paleo Avocado Chicken Salad in a pita pocket
Afternoon Snack:
Celery, carrots and hummus
Dinner:
Chicken, pork or steak grilled
Steamed veggies
Brown Rice or Quinoa




No comments:
Post a Comment