Today is day 13! Weighing in after the Cleanse Phase I lost 3.6 pounds, and about 3 inches overall. Naturally, my biggest concern is the widest part of my midsection, I lost a whole inch there! That was so exciting and motivating to see.
I still had some stuff left from weeks1 and 2: bananas, apples, grapes, carrots and hummus.
For lunch this week I bought some reduced sodium turkey lunch meat and made Cowboy Caviar to go with it. Sometimes I rolled up the turkey slices with some of the cowboy caviar in it, sometimes I ripped up the turkey and put it in the cowboy caviar.
I may have mentioned that during the Cleanse Phase I didn't have any grains at all, no whole grains, nothing. So the first night of the Max Phase, my husband and I were having some lean steak (let's face it, chicken and turkey get boring and I don't eat seafood) and he wanted some steak fries (you know, the wedges). So I bought some Ore Ida Steak Fries and we baked them, and I had some (GASP). I had about a serving and a half. They were delicious.
Last night we had pasta with grilled chicken and homemade spaghetti sauce (my stepdad makes it every year). I used two pots and made regular pasta for my husband and made whole grain pasta for myself. That definitely hit a spot.
I am finding that even though I would love me some potato chips and peanut butter cups, I haven't really been "craving" them. Obviously, on this challenge I would love to lose weight, but I think even more than that I want to come out of this with stronger willpower. The willpower to not only eat things in moderation but to really pay attention to serving sizes, and if it's something I'd binge on (like Girl Scout cookies which are being sold soon) then divide them up and freeze them. Frozen things are hard to eat.
Also, I joined Planet Fitness! I have been twice so far and plan to go again tonight. It's nothing fancy, but it's a gym, it has weights, and it's cheap. Nothing really wrong with that.
My list:
Any ingredients that I needed for the Cowboy Caviar
Reduced Sodium Turkey lunch meat, I bought Rotisserie Chicken meat, too, but didn't need it for lunches.
Kiwi
My day:
Before Breakfast
Catalyst
MNS Color Packet
Breakfast
Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake
Spark
Morning Snack
Banana or Apple or Grapes or Kiwi
Before Lunch
MNS Color Packet
Lunch
Catalyst
MNS White Packets
1 serving (2 oz) turkey lunch meat
1 cup Cowboy Caviar
Afternoon Snack
Green Peppers
Cucumber Slices
Celery
Carrots
Hummus
Dinner
Omegaplex
Chicken or Pork either baked or grilled
Veggies
Some kind of whole grain or pasta
Evening Snack (if needed)
Cinnamon Coated Almonds
Carrots
Sweet and Crunchy Peanuts or Honey Roasted Peanuts
Lastly, I bought Carb-Ease Plus and can have it one-time daily so I normally take it with my highest carb meal or snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment