Today is day 7! So far everything is going great! I have had some cravings but I just don't give into them and then later, when I look back on them, they don't feel like they were hard to ignore at all.
So far I have lost 3-4lbs, and about a quarter inch from my waist. I haven't measured for progress anywhere else, yet. I feel a huge increase in my energy level and even get up earlier. Though if I'm being truthful, I've been getting up earlier because the weather has been crappy and I need to leave for work earlier. I have been keeping workouts very low-key so I don't burn too many calories. My total calorie intake has been about 900-1000, which is lower than what I was eating, but so many of the fruits and veggies are very low calorie. My intake will increase during the second phase when I incorporate grains back in and then I will start doing my full workouts.
I still had a lot of stuff left from week 1: bananas, apples, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers and hummus.
For lunch this week I made Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins! And steamed broccoli. I doubled the meatloaf muffin recipe, though I probably didn't need to. And though I doubled everything else, I did NOT double the chipotle pepper spice and I am so very glad that I didn't because they are still borderline too spicy for me to eat. So if you don't like spice, either omit or use only a little bit of the spice.
One thing I saw on instagram that completely blew my mind, and that I had to try, was a recipe for banana pancakes. Seriously simple and delicious. Two eggs and a banana. That's it! Plus a little coconut oil (I used sunflower oil) for the pan. Heat the banana a tiny bit in the microwave so it's easily mashed and then whisk together the mashed banana and the eggs. Then you just cook them like normal pancakes in a lightly oiled pan. I made a couple as the recipe says and for the others I added about a Tablespoon of my chocolate PB2. See how I snuck that in there? So good. One of the biggest reasons it blew my mind was because I eat two eggs (hard boiled) and a banana for breakfast anyway! It never crossed my mind to cook it all together.
My list:
Any ingredients that I needed for the meatloaf muffins - I had a lot on hand already
Grapes - 1 bag - divided into 3.5oz servings
Nuts - I bought unsalted dry roasted peanuts, unsalted dry roasted sunflower kernels, sweet and crunchy peanuts and honey roasted almonds. While the sweet and crunchy peanuts and honey roasted almonds probably weren't as good of an option as plain, I needed the sweet. And they really hit the spot. - I prepared a few serving sizes of each for nights where I need a quick 100 calories or to satisfy a sweet craving. I don't eat them every day.
Salsa (mild) - delicious on the meatloaf muffins and a great low-calorie condiment.
My day:
Before Breakfast
Catalyst
Probiotic Restore or Fiber Drink
Breakfast
Hard boiled eggs - 2
Banana - 1 medium
Spark
Morning Snack
Apple
Grapes
Lunch
Catalyst
2 Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
serving of salsa
serving of vegetables (3/4 to 1 cup)
Afternoon Snack
Green Peppers
Cucumber Slices
Celery
Carrots
Hummus
Dinner
Omegaplex
Chicken or Pork either baked or grilled
Veggies
Evening Snack (if needed)
Cinnamon Coated Almonds
Carrots
Sweet and Crunchy Peanuts or Honey Roasted Peanuts
Before Bed
Herbal Cleanse Tablets
No comments:
Post a Comment