I have a tiny obsession with Instagram. And by tiny, I mean huge. I feel like on Facebook, people get all offended and annoyed when you post a million and one pictures but on Instagram, that's kinda what it's for...so I post a million photos, I search for fitness inspiration, cute animals, etc.
On Instagram, I stumbled across a blender bottle called Cyclone Cup. I'm a sucker for new products, and blender bottles, so I had to try one. I ordered the pink.
The whole idea behind the Cyclone Cup is that the whisk is stationary. It stays in one place and your liquid and powder move through it, effectively mixing your drink. The reason this is "better" than a blender bottle with a free flowing whisk ball is the free flowing whisk moves with the liquid as you shake it, therefore you don't get as smooth of a mix.
I find that if the ridges that allow you to screw the top on are at all wet, the seal isn't complete and as you mix your drink, it starts to come through. But, if you just wipe it dry with a towel or napkin, the problem is solved. Also, once you've screwed the lid on tight, it seems to be a little hard to unscrew. Maybe it's because I have tiny hands and can't get as good a grip as some people.
In spite of those two things, I love this cup and will be purchasing more. I really hope they come out with a purple soon, that's the color I want. I think having a smoother mix, especially when it comes to a whey protein drink (gross when lumpy), is worth needing to wipe dry the ridges.
**Update - I had been putting the whisk into the cap of the cup. This morning, just for kicks, I set it in the base of the cup and screwed the cap on over it...NO LEAKS! Apparently, I was just doing it wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment